February 6, 2011

A simple life pt. 5

As I was sitting around last night a thought came in my mind. I was pondering on the whole idea of simplifying life and stumbled across a great revelation. It had slipped my mind in earlier post. I guess because it’s like second nature to me. Anyways we as people get so consumed by the hassles of life that we tend to forget about having fun.

CONCEPT # 5:  Have fun and enjoy the simple things.

In the Bible we read the very words of Jesus’ you are worried and upset about many things’

Luke 10:38

At the Home of Martha and Mary

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said.40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things

Just as Mary knew what was important, we know what's more important as well.  It wasn’t all the preparation but it was about enjoying the little things in life (though I know Jesus wasn’t little HE sure seemed that way to Martha).

In my life I do get concerned about things but more importantly I focus on Jesus and try to have fun. If I could say only one thing to you it would be to have fun and make the most out of the little things.

 

As I conclude this blog may I challenge you to simplify life because life is not as hard as we make it out to be and remember to always LOOK HIGHER for help. GOD is faithful!!!!!!

with love,

Ron

1 comment:

I would love to hear your feedback!!!