February 13, 2011

Be A Servant Not A Sitter

Well it’s been a few days since we have spoken, I have been really tired and busy. This week looks to be another busy one as well.

I am privileged and honored to be a team member on a student ministry team here at Emmanuel College. We are called Safe House Outreach and our ministry is in Downtown Atlanta ministering to the homeless. Now I love everything about college but this is my favorite part, mostly because I get to serve God’s people in a tangible way. I told you all of that to set the stage for what I want to share today with you.

My heart in ministry is geared toward the less fortunate and serving them in whatever capacity I can. Jesus spoke about this in Matthew 25:31-46 and this is the verse that speaks to me

40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

As Christians we are called to be servants and I want to be the best servant I can be. I often hear people talking about things like “what can you do for me or what will you give me for doing this” … It hurts my heart to hear the Church talk this way Jesus is very clear on this matter it’s about serving others and not about getting “yours”.

This scripture is how I model my life.

26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

If Jesus came to be a servant then we should too and I want my life to be a life of servant hood.

May I encourage you today if you are feeling like you are far from God, or feel like you just need to do something for the lord think simple and get out there and serve God’s people.

I love you in the Lord and remember LOOK HIGHER

With Love,

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback!!!