February 26, 2011

Are You Busy?

We are all busy, but what are we busy doing? We will see in a moment the story of two people that are both busy.


(Luke 10:38-42 NIV) - As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"41 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things,42 - but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

As you see the contrast in this story you have Martha and Mary both are busy but only one is busy doing what is “better”. 

Martha on one hand who is busy trying to get every thing done for the meal. Then you have Mary who was at the feet of Jesus.

We all lead very busy lives, and as leaders we have a responsibility to the people that follow us. But are we so busy taking care of others we neglect those times when GOD is calling us to do something else.

My pastor calls these times DIVINE INTERRUPTIONS

Are you like Martha, to busy doing “stuff” that she missed her blessing.

Or.

Are you like Mary, soaking up every bit of Jesus that she could.

I want to encourage you leaders out there to really focus on hearing God’s voice in all you do.

We are all very busy but are we “about the Father’s business”

As I leave you, I want you to remember you don’t have to do it alone LOOK HIGHER for help.

love,

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback!!!