February 9, 2011

From My Perspective

I recently taught on the subject of perspective and I want to share a part of this with you.
What is perspective?
1. a way of regarding situations, facts, etc., and judging their relative importance 2. the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it
Look with me at this story from Luke and I encourage you to read the whole story here

15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;16 but they were kept from recognizing him

30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight.

Notice how in the story at first they were kept from recognizing Jesus, and then at the end of the day their eyes were opened to the savior. I have a few thoughts to share with you about why they couldn’t see Jesus at first. I pray this will help you to see Jesus or the activity of Jesus in your life.

1) They were not looking for HIM
2) Sometimes we get used to seeing the same things over & over
3) They were to busy focusing on THEIR problems

I have a few pointers to give you to overcome these above mentioned circumstances.I pray this will help you to see Jesus or the activity of Jesus in your life.

1) What we see is not always what we get
2) We need to be ready to see/hear from God
3) Sometimes we need to step back & get a fresh perspective on our situation
4) We have to be in position to see/hear God

As always I love you all and remember to LOOK HIGHER for help.

Love,

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback!!!